A store page is carefully drafted to outline what an asset does, and does not. If applicable, a more extensive “compatibility” page is linked. Please read this before purchase to avoid any unwelcome surprises.
This policy attempts to clarify the asset store EULA‘s legal jargon and specifies the practical cases that it does, or does not cover.
As agreed upon at checkout, Asset Store sales are final as per the EULA section 2.2.9 . Since digital purchases cannot be returned once downloaded, it’s required to agree to waive the right to a refund. Clicking the “Download” button finalizes this agreement.
This because it is impossible to revoke access to the downloaded files after a refund is issued (no DRM system). Keeping both my work and its monetary value is not a fair trade. Therefore, some conditions must be met in order to avoid abuse or enabling impulsive purchases.
Refunds are always granted if:
- You have not yet downloaded the asset. No further reason required. This is verified through the invoice number.
- The asset was removed from the store within 4 weeks of purchasing (aka deprecated).
- The asset was removed by Unity due to a copyright violation (rest assured, all content is original!)
Refunds aren’t justified when:
- You appear to not have read the store page information or the linked online documentation. This includes details such as:
- Minimum/maximum compatible or supported Unity versions.
- Compatible and/or supported platforms.
- Scriptable Render Pipeline compatibility (including the standard/built-in RP).
- Listed features and limitations (sometimes expanded on in the “Technical details” section).
- Required asset dependencies (in the case of extensions/add-ons) .
- The asset is no longer being used (eg. project cancelation, switching engines/render pipelines).
- The asset in question went on sale, shortly after a full-price purchase was made.
If you find you are in accordance with these conditions, please get in touch with the basis of your request.
Refunds aren’t technically possible after 3 months, or for bundle purchases, and won’t be accepted by Unity support.
Last revision: November 12th 2021