If you’re uncertain about any of a package’s workings, or have questions before purchasing, please do not hesitate to reach out. I will do the best to my abilities to answer your questions. The store page is carefully drafted to outline what an asset does, and does not. If applicable, a more extensive “compatibility” page is linked. Please read this before purchase to avoid any unwelcome surprises.
This policy attempts to clarify the asset store EULA‘s legal jargon and specifies the practical cases that it does, or does not cover. It does not add refund conditions that aren’t already covered by it.
All Asset Store sales are final as per the EULA section 2.2.9, which is agreed upon at checkout. Digital purchases cannot be returned once downloaded, hence it’s required to agree to waive the right to a refund. This because it is impossible to ensure the package files are deleted after a refund is issued. Therefore, some conditions must be met in order to avoid abuse:
Conditions that justify a refund:
- You have not yet downloaded the asset (verified through invoice number).
- Accidental purchase, or on wrong account (only valid if not yet downloaded).
- The asset was removed from the store within 4 weeks of purchasing.
- There is a vital incompatibility (within the confines of the supported platforms, capabilities and versions) with existing systems and cannot be resolved in a future update or a hotfix.
Requests are declined if:
- The invoice date exceeds 14 days prior to the request.
- You appear to not have read (or misread) the store page description (“as advertised”), or otherwise failed to inform yourself through the linked online documentation. This includes details such as:
- Minimum/maximum compatible or supported Unity versions
- Compatible or supported platforms
- Scriptable Render Pipeline compatibility (including the built-in RP)
- Listed features and limitations
- The asset is claimed to no longer be used.
- The package in question went on sale, or an upgrade discount was introduced, shortly after a full-price purchase was made.
If you find you are in accordance with these conditions, please get in touch with the basis of your request.
Last revision: November 26th 2020